This page contains a number links and resources related to school district governance in the state of New Hampshire.
Database of Public Sector Collective Bargaining Agreements in NH
All public sector parties to a collective bargaining agreement must file a copy of the agreement with the Public Employee Labor Relations Board within 14 days after the execution of the agreement (RSA 273-A:16). Here is a link to the database of these filings…
Policy Code: BCB
Conflict of Interest
Policy Code: DA-A
Preparation of Default Budget
Policy Code: EH
Data Management (Public Use of School Records)
State of New Hampshire Links
Questions for School Board Candidates and School Budget Committee Candidates
School Board Candidates:
- Do you consider the school board to be the supervisor of the superintendent, or do you feel both are part of a governance team?
- Do you believe the school board should speak with a unified voice?
- Do you believe differences of opinion on the school board adversely affects education?
- Would you sign a code of ethics requiring you to support majority decisions of the board?
- Do you believe that school board members should have a right to visit schools during operational hours and speak to teachers and employees freely?
- Do you believe that the school board has a responsibility to oversee expenditures?
- How do you feel about this statement especially as it applies to curriculum and spending decisions:
- The superintendent is the expert.
- He hires other experts.
- Our job is not to second guess them but to support them.
School Budget Committee Candidates:
- How do you feel about budgets continuing to go up while enrollment declines?
- How would you weigh district demands for money vs. taxpayer demands for frugality?
- Have you watched or attended any budget committee meetings in the past?
- Do you believe the budget committee has the responsibility of examining expenditures?
- Would you require the revenue budget before approving the proposed budget?
- Have you ever been the lone vote on a board or committee?
- Do you know the current school district budget? The current enrollment?