Links & Info
This page contains links and resources related to school district governance in the state of New Hampshire.
SDGA Model Policies
Can be found here.
Database of Public Sector Collective Bargaining Agreements in NH
All public sector parties to a collective bargaining agreement must file a copy of the agreement with the Public Employee Labor Relations Board within 14 days after the execution of the agreement (RSA 273-A:16). Here is a link to the database of these filings…
State of New Hampshire Links
Questions for School Board Candidates and School Budget Committee Candidates
School Board Candidates:
- Do you consider the school board to be the supervisor of the superintendent, or do you feel both are part of a governance team?
- Do you believe the school board should speak with a unified voice?
- Do you believe differences of opinion on the school board adversely affects education?
- Would you sign a code of ethics requiring you to support majority decisions of the board?
- Do you believe that school board members should have a right to visit schools during operational hours and speak to teachers and employees freely?
- Do you believe that the school board has a responsibility to oversee expenditures?
- How do you feel about this statement especially as it applies to curriculum and spending decisions:
- The superintendent is the expert.
- He hires other experts.
- Our job is not to second guess them but to support them.
School Budget Committee Candidates:
- How do you feel about budgets continuing to go up while enrollment declines?
- How would you weigh district demands for money vs. taxpayer demands for frugality?
- Have you watched or attended any budget committee meetings in the past?
- Do you believe the budget committee has the responsibility of examining expenditures?
- Would you require the revenue budget before approving the proposed budget?
- Have you ever been the lone vote on a board or committee?
- Do you know the current school district budget? The current enrollment?